Trivia Quiz 02: Superior Turbulence
This challenge consists of thirty-five trivia questions focusing on both CPS2 SF2 games: Super Street Fighter II and Super Turbo. Answer as many as you can off the top of your head and post them as a single comment, without reading through anyone else’s responses.
There are no prizes so there’s no incentive to cheat. Obviously you can do a little research if you like, but it would take too long to verify every single answer. This shouldn’t take anyone longer than an hour to get through. Questions phrased in plural may have singular answers.
Roughly one month from today, i’ll make a separate entry containing all of the answers so you can check how many you got right and find out what you missed. In the meantime, good luck!
Super SF2 Questions
01) SSF2: Generally speaking (exceptions aside), how many new costume palettes did the average returning fighter receive?
02) SSF2: How many moves require two or more different buttons to perform?
03) SSF2: Which characters have projectiles that dissipate on-screen?
04) SSF2: What property makes Vega’s Izuna Drop unique among all other throws?
05) SSF2: Rank the four dizzy types in order of rarity.
06) SSF2: Rank the four dizzy types in order of base duration severity.
07) SSF2: Which of these things is not like the others? Ryu’s LP Hadoken, Guile’s MP Sonic Boom, Sagat’s MK Tiger Shot, Dee Jay’s HP Air Slasher
08) SSF2: List all of the characters located in the top row on the character select screen.
09) SSF2: Which special moves don’t force crouching opponents to stand up upon connecting?
10) SSF2: Which special moves force standing opponents to crouch upon connecting?
11) SSF2: Which special moves have more frame disadvantage when blocked meaty than if blocked on their first active frame?
12) SSF2: Which two characters have two overlapping special move commands?
13) SSF2: Compared to HF, list three major changes to Ryu’s existing special moves.
14) SSF2: Including new characters, how many new air throws were introduced in this game?
15) SSF2: How many characters can perform more than one air attack while jumping?
16) SSF2: Which of Ken’s Shoryukens has the most invincibility?
17) SSF2: Which three characters have no invincible special moves?
Super Turbo Questions
18) ST: What is the main difference between playable Akuma and CPU Akuma?
19) ST: Generally speaking (exceptions aside), how many new costume palettes did the average returning fighter receive?
20) ST: How many characters have no eyebrows on the character select screen?
21) ST: How many characters’ jumping forward animation is different from their jumping backward animation?
22) ST: Which of these things is not like the others? Ryu’s super, Honda’s super, Chun Li’s super, Dhalsim’s super
23) ST: Which six characters can set their opponents on fire?
24) ST: List all attacks with a juggle potential of exactly two.
25) ST: Which two special move commands are notorious for interfering with footsies?
26) ST: Which supers tally the highest number of hits on the combo counter?
27) ST: Which supers tally the fewest (maximum) number of hits on the combo counter?
28) ST: Which two supers can not be whiffed?
29) ST: Which characters can control their supers after superfreeze?
30) ST: If Ryu’s Shinkuu Hadoken super passes through two Sonic Booms before reaching Guile, how many hits will it inflict?
31) ST: Which characters have both an overhead attack and an attack which can juggle?
32) ST: Which characters single-handedly negate the throw softening mechanic by their presence alone?
33) ST: Which characters can perform a juggle combo against a non-jumping opponent?
34) ST: Comparing N.Guile to O.Guile, how many normal moves are exclusive to each version?
35) ST: Which characters have the same number of specials between old and new versions?